17. To bring the radius grooves up to 4 mm (for protection selection of the code); to cut a rectangular slot in the dimensions indicated in Fig.4.
18. To make the clip (steel 40X) in the drawing (Fig.6).
19. Carve a two piece pin (steel 40X) in the drawing (Fig.7).
20. To penetrate the cylindrical portions of the pins in random places on a single groove (Fig.8) so that the inclination of the slot to the flat bottom of the groove was the same on both pins. This is to ensure that both dowel pins were “discovered” in the same angular position of the key.
21. Screw the pins into the housing so that the grooves located in the middle of the hole for the pin and formed a passage for him.
22. Insert in the housing, the locking mechanism until it stops and turn the groove to the hole for the pin. Insert the pin into the housing recesses to the pins until they stop to check whojust pin in “open” position of the lock mechanism. If you need to adjust.
23. To check capture pin lock, which rotate past 90° counterclockwise. The pin should be stationary fixed in the housing.
24. To make a key blanks (steel wire 3 mm in diameter) in the drawing (Fig.5).
25. Sharpen the end of the key under the screwdriver so the angular position of the blade to the ring is inserted into the key slot located in the plane of the holes 6 mm in diameter (see section a-A in Fig.1). When fitting key to lock the pins in “open” position by inserting a pin (in the absence of the retainer) in the case Vice versa, that is, the notches from the pins.
26. Insert the locking pin. Glands and loosen the half-turn screw (Fig.1).
27. To determine the lock code, which by checking the “open” position lock (see p. 22), remove the pin and by turning the latch by 90°, alternately install the key pins until they stop, counting the half-turns of the key, including incomplete. The number of half-turns of each pin will be his code. You can do the same, wrapping the pins until it stops, taking in this case as a starting point the extreme inverted position.
28. To check the correctness of code, which to turn (screw) pins the number of half-turns, corresponding to the code, with the last twist key ring to Orient in the plane A-A (it is easy to do on the “peg” in the center of the disk retainer that is designed for the orientation of the ring key on the touch unlocking the lock in the dark), before removing the key; turn the latch 90° to the groove to the hole and insert the pin into the housing. If the pin is inserted until the end (you can check secure it as in section23), then the lock code is defined correctly and it is necessary to record it in a hidden place and remember.
29. Disassemble the lock, thermally treating the pin, pins and retainers to the hardness of LDCs 46…50; on the housing, pin and latch to cause the zinc coating; to lubricate parts with grease; finally assemble the lock for its operation.
I. YANKIN, Baykonur, Kazakhstan